Many of us have shared the experience of moving out from our old house and moving into a new one. Indeed, moving out and moving requires quite a lot of work. Packing our personal things, alone, is quite tiring; what more when we pack the entire house as well.
In certain situations, if we are not able to plan things ahead of time, we end up forgetting to do things that are crucial to moving. Perhaps, some of us may accidentally to forget to hire a man and van to help with our boxes or perhaps, we forget about packing some things we kept in the attic or basement. Many homeowners have experienced the hassle of forgetting things and so, with the help of the internet, we present to you a checklist that may be very essential for moving out and moving in.
- Research about the right moving company for you. You may use the internet to search for reliable and trustworthy truck or van companies a month or more before your desired moving date. Call them up and see if the services they offer match your preferences. Book them on your preferred date.
- Decide on what to bring and what to leave behind. You need plenty of time to go through the rooms of your house and sort out what you will bring over to the new house and what you will leave behind.
- Get the measurements of your furniture and make sure they will fit into the doors of your new home.
- Secure your moving supplies. Purchase the wraps, tapes and markers. Make sure you choose the right boxes for your essentials especially the fragile ones such as china, glasses, etc.
- Start packing before the preferred moving date. It’s best to pack a month ahead or so to avoid rushing. If there are certain changes you will have to do, it will be much easier as well.
- Do not forget to label the boxes properly. If possible, label it with details and it may be better if the boxes are labeled distinctly in order to avoid confusion during the unpacking session.
- Make sure arrangements with regards to utility services, mechanical services, internet and landline services, etc. are made, if possible, before the moving date.
- Notify those that need to be notified about your new address. You will have to call up schools, banks, employers, etc. in order for them to know about your new whereabouts in cases of bills, mails, etc.
- Confirm your details once more regarding the moving date, number of vans or the specific truck, arrival time, etc. Go through those specific details about a week or two before the moving date.
- .Make an inventory. Check if the correct number of boxes have been unloaded and check thoroughly if there are missing things from your inventory list.
The Bottom Line
Moving out is quite hectic as there are so many plans that have to be made ahead of time in order for moving out to be done smoothly. Overall, the most important thing to remember is to make sure you do these checklists ahead of time and not just a week or a few days before the moving date.
Idea for New Home
This might be a bit random but so many homes today have actually started to set up their very own home theater in their backyard. If you want to know more about this set up, check out Outdoor Movie’s facebook.